Thursday, February 04, 2010

Coach Wu hands the disc to Swiderski and Schnurr

Dear Team Members,

I want to thank you for your years of commitment to this team which has been the joy of my life (behind God and family) for the past 10 years. With increased committee responsibilities and my Fri-Sun pastoral commitments in Pendleton Co I have come to the conclusion that my time as coach has come to an end.

I have thoroughly enjoyed starting the program here. Some of the best players in KY have come through our school. Highlights have been going to the 2003 Jr. National Tournament (before the UPA went to a Easterns and Westerns format) placing 12th in Birmingham, AL; 2005 Jr. Club Mixed Nationals in Blaine, MN where we placed 3rd and won the spirit award; qualifying to play at the HS Eastern Invitational Tournament in 2007 and multiple state titles. Also, coaching Lee Richardson who was the first KY student to make the Jr. National Team was a very proud and humbling moment. Lee caught the first score at the 2008 Jr. World Ultimate Tournament scoring against Great Britain. Team USA won the gold that year. The most satisfying part of this journey has been watching all the players learn and grow and form relationships with other teams through this region. I will never forget the kids who came early in the morning, or the ones who came to practice just out of the sheer joy and love for the sport. I look to serve Lexington Catholic in new ways and I am still committed to seeing the Ultimate Frisbee program thrive in new hands. Coach Swiderski and alumnus Barb Schnurr will continue the program in the 2010-11 season.

Peace and blessings,

Coach David Wu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home